October 25, 2017
On Tuesday, November 7, one of two things will happen. The first option is we elect Andrew Zwicker and Roy Freiman, our endorsed candidates for Assembly in Legislative District 16. They will fight to fund our pension, protect our members from privatization, and get rid of the PARCC.
The other option is we stay home. We fail to secure the future for our students, our families, and our profession. We sit on the sidelines as anti-public education candidates overrun our community.
The NJEA will be the difference in this election, one way or the other. We NEED your support to win this battle! Here’s how you can help:
- Canvass (MOST IMPORTANT!!!): Join other NJEA members as we knock on doors to help the campaign. It’s easy and fun, and everyone will have a partner or team. Lunch will also be provided. Click the link to sign up!
- Saturday, 11/4 in Hillsborough from 12-3 PM
- Sunday, 11/5 in Montgomery from 12-3 PM
- Phone Bank: There are still lots of opportunities to make phone calls at the campaign offices. Click the link to see dates and locations.
- Social Media: Sign up for our Thunderclap! This will post a one-time message to your friends and followers showing your support for Zwicker and Freiman on the afternoon before the election.
Two years ago this race was decided by only 78 votes out of 36,000 people that cast their ballot. This year it will again be one of the closest elections in New Jersey.
We can win this election, but we can’t do it without your help. Now is the time to take action, even if you never have before. Your colleagues, your students, and your families are depending on you.
Somerset County Education Association